Activities in progress
As construction and additional fieldwork is needed, PSE will continue to coordinate directly with property owners. If you have questions about fieldwork, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by calling our construction information line at 1-800-548-2614 ext. 1.
PSE began collecting field information in 2015 to inform the environmental review process, as well as project design and future permit submittals for the Energize Eastside project.
Fieldwork already completed
Since 2015, PSE crews and industry experts have completed multiple surveys to investigate on-the-ground characteristics of a particular location, including:
- Land surveys to help identify the precise locations of property lines, sidewalks, driveways, fences, corners of buildings, both underground and overhead utilities, and other property features.
- Wetland delineation surveys to identify, classify and record the location and boundaries of environmentally sensitive areas (e.g., wetlands, creeks and floodplains).
- Inventory of trees along and near the proposed routes to collect data on tree height, diameter and species.
- Geotechnical investigations at specific locations along the routes to identify soil types in and around proposed pole locations. Certain soils provide better conditions for pole foundations than others.
- A pipeline co-location study to help PSE determine where the upgraded transmission poles could be located adjacent to the Olympic pipeline. Crews tested the soil to ensure the safe co-location of PSE's potential future poles and the Olympic pipeline's existing facilities.
- An architectural survey of properties along the existing utility corridor and in the Factoria area. This was an observational survey conducted from sidewalks and other public rights of ways to understand the historic character and significance of buildings and structures along the Energize Eastside route options.
- Archaeological resources surveys to assess the potential presence of artifacts and/or features more than 50 years old.
- Utility mapping surveys to locate and survey existing underground utilities at proposed pole locations and construction sites.