You may have heard varying views about the need for the Energize Eastside project, specifically the Lauckhart-Schiffman Load Flow Study. This study has made a number of claims and assumptions that are simply inaccurate.
The Lauckhart-Schiffman Load Flow Study is flawed on several levels, including:
- The study erroneously interprets power flows to Canada
- The study fails to stress the electric system as required by federal standards
- The study underestimates the growth rate for the Eastside
- There is no local generation in Bellevue
- The study confuses planning standards with day-to-day operations
- The Lauckhart-Schiffman study ignores prior studies
- The study reaches irrational conclusions
The multiple inaccuracies in this study lead to an erroneous conclusion about the need for the project, which are described in detail here.